MANKATO, MN (June 5, 2013)—The Mankato Area Foundation (MAF) has named the recipients of the Ogden W. and Jane M. Confer Scholarship, the Marlyn R. Heintz Scholarships, the Dustin Lemke Memorial Scholarships, the Jenny Schugel Memorial Scholarships and the Thin Film Technology scholarships.
The Ogden W. and Jane M. Confer Scholarship has been awarded to Nusla Mohamed, a graduate of Mankato West High School. Nusla plans to attend Gustavus Adolphus College in
St. Peter, MN.
Three Marlyn R. Heintz Scholarships have been awarded:
- Nusla Mohamed, a graduate of Mankato West High School. Nusla plans to
attend Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, MN.
- Breeta Oxnard, a graduate of Mankato West High School. Breeta plans to
attend the University of Minnesota.
- Sarah Peller, a graduate of Loyola High School. Sarah plans to attend the
University of Notre Dame.
Four Jenny Schugel Memorial Scholarships have been awarded.
- Adrian Hoesli of Walnut Grove, MN. Adrian plans to attend MN West
Community and Technical College in Worthington, MN.
- Tyler Schmiesing of New Ulm, MN. Tyler plans to attend Central Lakes
College in Staples, MN.
- Kristine Schnichels of Lafayette, MN. Kristine plans to attend Globe University
in Richfield, MN.
- Modesty Hozza of St. Paul, MN received the St. Catherine’s University, Jenny
Schugel award. This award goes annually to a student in the Radiography
Two Dustin Lemke Memorial Scholarships have been awarded:
- Carolyn Osdoba, a graduate of Mankato East High School. Carolyn plans to
attend the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN.
- Robert Schultze, a graduate of Mankato East High School. Robert plans to
attend St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN.
Thin Film Technology has provided an award to South Central College to be used for student scholarships. These scholarships are for students enrolled in the programs of Computer Integrated Machining, Computer Careers and Mechatronics.
To obtain information about scholarship opportunities, or for information about establishing a scholarship, please visit the Mankato Area Foundation website at www.mankatoareafoundation.com or call (507)389-4583.
The Mankato Area Foundation is your community foundation, connecting philanthropic interests with community needs since 1974 and enriches the quality of life in Greater Mankato through its various grant making programs. Over the past 39 years, the Mankato Area Foundation has distributed nearly $3,000,000 in grants and scholarships to local organizations and students.
- Mankato Area Foundation Announces $20,000 Grant to VINE’s Emergency Fundraising Campaign
- Elks Club’s new charitable fund gets anonymous boost
- Anonymous donor pledges $100,000 matching gift towards Elks Club Charitable Fund
- Recharge Mankato: Expanding Innovation, Opportunity & Vitality in Greater Mankato
- Mankato Area Foundation Announces Changes to Community Granting Program