MANKATO, MN (January 8, 2014)—The Mankato Area Foundation (MAF) announces grant recipients for the second funding cycle in 2013. A total of $43,600 was awarded to local nonprofit organizations to support local projects.
Community Grants include: Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota – Whiz Bang Tinker Tables, $4,000; North Mankato Taylor Library – Bookmobile Public Access Computer, $1,600; Greater Mankato Growth – Update of Envision 2020, $11,500; Junior Achievement of Greater Mankato – JA It’s My Future, $3,500; South Central College, North Mankato Campus Foundation – Program Equipment, $5,000; YWCA of Mankato – YWCA Girls Inc., $6,000.
Grants awarded from the Foundation’s Thin Film Technology Fund were the MSU College of Science, $6,000 for scholarships and South Central College, North Mankato Campus, $6,000 for scholarships in Computer Integrated Machining, Mechatronics and Computer Careers.
The Mankato Area Foundation is your community foundation, connecting philanthropic interests with community needs since 1974 and enriches the quality of life in Greater Mankato through its various grant making programs. Over the past 40 years, the Mankato Area Foundation has committed nearly $3,000,000 in grants and scholarships to local organizations and students.
To learn more about the Mankato Area Foundation and how the organization makes an impact in our community visit www.mankatoareafoundation.com or visit us on Facebook.
- Dr. Chaun Cox named growMANkato Celebrity Ambassador, Hazy Hero IPA to Begin Brewing Sept. 30
- Shared Spaces Celebrates Five Years
- Mayo Clinic Health System Makes $100,000 Contribution to Jonathan Zierdt Cancer Fund’s Box Love Program
- Maureen Gustafson Named Donor Relations and Programs Director of Mankato Area Foundation
- Community Fund Shifting to Support Recovery Efforts