MANKATO, MN (December 14, 2017) – The Mankato Area Foundation (MAF) announces grant recipients for the fall funding cycle in 2017. Among them, a $25,000 Innovation Grant has been awarded as seed money in support of the establishment of a local Boys & Girls Club.
“Our local nonprofit sector plays a critical role in this community focusing on the vitality and vibrancy of our region. At the Mankato Area Foundation we are honored to support their work through these wonderful initiatives,” said Nancy Zallek, President and CEO.
A total of $34,261 was also awarded to other area nonprofit organizations to support local projects and programs.
Other Community Grants include:
- City Center Partnership – CityArt Walking Sculpture Tour, $2,000;
- City of Mankato – The Giving Barn in Sibley Park, $2,261
- Key City Bike – Board Governance Training and Strategic Planning, $5,000
- Mankato Area Public Schools – Vex Robotics, $5,000
- MSU College of Science Engineering and Technology – Scholarships, $5,000
- MSU Center for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence – Southern MN Regional Science and Engineering Fair, $5,000
- South Central College – Scholarships, $5,000
- Twilight Garden Club – Historic Hubbard House Landscaping/Hubbard Parkside Garden, $5,000
About the Mankato Area Foundation
The Mankato Area Foundation is a donor-driven community foundation whose purpose is to improve the livability in Greater Mankato through philanthropy. Our Community Foundation connects donors with causes they care about, provides funding to address key community objectives and convenes individuals and organizations to find solutions for local challenges.
To learn more about the Mankato Area Foundation and how the organization makes an impact in our community visit www.mankatoareafoundation.com or visit us on Facebook.
- Hockey Day Minnesota and JZ Cancer Fund “Show Us Your Mullet” Contest Comes to a Successful Conclusion, with MSU Hockey Player Brendan Furry on Top
- Mulleteers, take your marks, get set, GROW
- Down Syndrome Woman’s Dream of Playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast Comes True
- Shaving down for men’s health: growMANkato launches annual campaign
- Community comes together to raise awareness in the fight against men’s cancer