MANKATO TIMES Mankato, MN (December 12, 2018) —
Mayo Clinic Health System recently made a $6,500 donation to the Jonathan Zierdt Cancer Fund (JZCF). This generous gift is a 2018 contribution to the JZCF Box Love Campaign and will be used to fund the JZCF’s signature program, the JZ Caring Box, which provides specially designed care package for cancer patients, their families and caregivers.
JZ Caring Boxes are distributed through Mayo Clinic Health System and include items such as a warm and comfortable blanket for use during treatments, a journal for taking notes at appointments or capturing thoughts, a cookbook with nutrient- rich recipes, and a gift envelope that contains a gift card, as well as helpful information and a list of important resources to help meet the needs of the patient.
Tracy Culbertson, R.N., Mayo Clinic Health System, says the oncology team sees approximately 600 new cases of cancer each year at their facility alone. “Our team has seen firsthand how the JZ Caring Boxes bring joy and comfort – as well as necessary support to our newly-diagnosed cancer patients and their families – during a difficult time,” Culbertson says. “Mayo Clinic Health System is proud to support the Jonathan Zierdt Cancer Fund program and its inspirational impact in our community.”
- Mankato Area Foundation Announces Women’s Giving Circle Recipients
- Pioneer Bank provides $10,000 Gift to Mankato Area Foundation
- Mankato Nonprofits Receive Otto Bremer Trust Grants
- Demand for Mental Health Training Skyrockets as Pandemic Worsens
- Dr. Chaun Cox named growMANkato Celebrity Ambassador, Hazy Hero IPA to Begin Brewing Sept. 30