KEYC TV, Mankato, MN (September 29, 2019) — The Women’s Giving Circle, a fund of the Mankato Area Foundation, awarded three nonprofits $4,000 each Friday.
Members nominate nonprofits to be funded, meet four times a year to listen to pitches and eventually vote.
“It’s our role in the community to champion philanthropy. And this is grassroots philanthropy and it’s so much fun because it’s so fast, efficient and effective," says Mankato Area Foundation President and CEO Nancy Zallek.
“Women donate their dollars through membership and every quarter we are making immediate grants and giving the money away”.
The group has 120 members and is always looking for more.
For more information visit this link.
- Dr. Chaun Cox named growMANkato Celebrity Ambassador, Hazy Hero IPA to Begin Brewing Sept. 30
- Shared Spaces Celebrates Five Years
- Mayo Clinic Health System Makes $100,000 Contribution to Jonathan Zierdt Cancer Fund’s Box Love Program
- Maureen Gustafson Named Donor Relations and Programs Director of Mankato Area Foundation
- Community Fund Shifting to Support Recovery Efforts