KEYC NEWS NOW, Mankato MN (April 16, 2020) — The Greater Mankato Area United Way and Mankato Area Foundation announced its fifth round of grants Friday.
The organizations awarded $18,500 in grants to seven community organizations during this round.
The grant recipients include:
- Mankato Area Public Schools for supplies to print PPE on 3D printers;
- BENCHS for a Pet Food Shelf for people who have lost jobs due to COVID-19 and can’t afford to buy pet food;
- Lutheran Social Services to increase meals for seniors to two meals per day;
- Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans to assist veterans with incidentals due to job losses;
- Hispanic Advocacy and Empowerment through Research for online mental health services;
- City of Mankato for sanitizing community nonprofits; and
- Get Mankato PPE for supplies and make PPE to distribute.
With the announcement of the fifth round of grants, the Mankato Area COVID-19 Community Response Fund has distributed a total of $132,750, as of Friday, April 24.
- Mankato Area Foundation Announces Women’s Giving Circle Recipients
- Pioneer Bank provides $10,000 Gift to Mankato Area Foundation
- Mankato Nonprofits Receive Otto Bremer Trust Grants
- Demand for Mental Health Training Skyrockets as Pandemic Worsens
- Dr. Chaun Cox named growMANkato Celebrity Ambassador, Hazy Hero IPA to Begin Brewing Sept. 30