Mankato, MN (December 14, 2020)—The Mankato Area Foundation (MAF) is excited to announce the recent recipients of the Women’s Giving Circle (WGC)’s grants. A total of $8,000 was granted to the following programs:
4th Quarter Grants
- CADA House, $2,500
- ECHO Food Shelf, $2,500
- Southern Minnesota Children’s Museum, $2,500
Member Spot Grants
- Partner’s for Affordable Housing, $250
- MRCI, $250
Since the establishment of the Women’s Giving Circle in 2019, the program has distributed $73,250 to nonprofit organizations in Blue Earth and Nicollet counties.
Quarterly, members of the WGC gather to determine projects and programs to support through a nomination and voting process. At each meeting, through a lottery process, members who are drawn also get to choose additional organizations for smaller spot grants. Although the group has not been able to meet in person since the beginning of the pandemic, it has continued to convene virtually.
“We are incredibly proud of this amazing group of empowered women. Our second year has been a challenge by not being able to meet in person. Still, our group has consistently come together virtually, providing support to nonprofit organizations within our community when they need it the most,” says Laura Stevens, co-founder of the Women’s Giving Circle.
For more information on how to join the Women’s Giving Circle, please visit www.mankatoareafoundation.com/programs-and-initiatives/womens-giving-circle.
- Local Organizations Awarded Grants from the Mankato Area Foundation
- Mankato Area Foundation Announces Women’s Giving Circle Recipients
- Pioneer Bank provides $10,000 Gift to Mankato Area Foundation
- Mankato Nonprofits Receive Otto Bremer Trust Grants
- Demand for Mental Health Training Skyrockets as Pandemic Worsens