Consolidated Communications Community Fund
The mission of the Consolidated Communications Community Fund is to support initiatives benefiting people and communities in the Company's southern Minnesota service area, with a focus on K-12 education and critical community needs. The Consolidated Communications Community Fund of the Mankato Area Foundation has awarded 23 grants totaling $150,000 to non-profit organizations. Click here to see the full list of recipients.
The Mankato Area Foundation is pleased to manage the Consolidated Communications Community Fund of the Mankato Area Foundation. For more information regarding their December 1 granting deadline, see the information below or go to please click on the link below Consolidated Communications Community Fund Granting
Grant applications are available online at: Application
PRIMARY FOCUS AREAS
Consolidated Communications is committed to investing in our youth and supporting K-12 academic initiatives, with a focus on programs and projects that enhance student learning through creative and innovative concepts.
The Consolidated Communications Community Fund is focused on supporting programs that address critical and vital basic needs in our community, from hunger to homelessness, and supporting initiatives that help people who are struggling or facing crisis situations.
The Community Fund was formed in 1963 to provide financial support to organizations and programs making a difference in southern Minnesota. Over the years, we have awarded more than $5 million to non-profit organizations benefitting communities in the company's service area. The Community Fund is proud to support charitable organizations and initiatives that make the communities we serve vibrant places to work and live.
WHAT CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS GRANTS DO NOT SUPPORT:
- Organizations without a 501(c)(3) IRS exempt status, except for some government organizations, such as schools.
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, gender, sexual preference or national origin.
- Political activities or organizations.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes.
- Fraternal, veteran or labor groups when serving only their membership.
- Special occasion or goodwill advertising.
- Loans or loan guarantees.
- Cause related marketing.
- The Fund's grant cycle runs from March 1 through February 28. Grants are designated on an annual basis. All requests for funding must be received by December 1, 2016 for budget considerations for the March 2017 - February 2018 grant cycle.
Ready to apply for a grant online?
The online application is available at www.consolidated.com/communityfund
When applying for a grant, the following information is requested:
For more information contact:
Continuing its Commitments
The Mankato Area Foundation has helped the Consolidated Communications Community Fund continue providing grants to local organizations.
Amid all the changes that John Finke was thinking about when Enventis was purchased by Consolidated Communications in 2014 was the question of what to do with the company’s foundation. READ MORE