- Any project, activity, or event that will be completed before the grant is awarded (two calendar months after the deadline).
- Fraternal, veterans or labor groups for activities that serve only their membership.
- More than one grant per year to any given organization.
- Organizations serving populations primarily outside the Blue Earth or Nicollet counties.
- Organizations that practice any form of discrimination.
- Political activities or organizations.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes.
- Submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) online.
- LOI’s selected to submit a full application are notified approximately one week after the deadline. Please remember, a request to submit a full application does not guarantee funding.
- Applications are screened for eligibility and completeness by staff.
- Full applications are then reviewed by the Granting Committee, with is made up of MAF Board and community members.
- The recommendations of the Granting Committee are forwarded to the Board of Directors for final review and approval.
- Grantees are notified of grant awards upon Board approval, approximately two months after the deadline.
- Please read the eligibility requirements for the grant carefully.
- Go to the Community Impact Grants page, locate the Apply for a Grant tab and click on Start Here. A login and password will be required and can be established at the beginning of the process. Please remember the login and password for future use.
- Complete the requested application information in the on-line forms.
- Day-to-day operational expenses.
- Building improvements to a building NOT owned by the nonprofit.
- Rent and utilities.
- Debt retirement.
- Back payroll taxes.
- Legal fees – including the cost of litigation or settlements.
- Directors and officers insurance.
The Page Jones Richards Family Fund maintains its focus on family priorities, even as part of the Mankato Area Foundation. Sarah Richards has one word for why her family decided to convert their foundation to a donor-advised fund run by the Mankato Area Foundation: trust.