Community. For Good.
At the Mankato Area Foundation, we work as a knowledgeable and innovative resource that promotes philanthropy and drives transformative action to strengthen our region and improve lives.
For our region, we serve as a grantmaker and collaborative partner. As a resource for nonprofit groups within the Greater Mankato region, our Community Impact Grants are designed to be strategic and responsive to the ever-changing needs of our community and surrounding areas.
COMMUNITY IMPACT GRANTS
Three times a year, the Mankato Area Foundation makes grants in response to applications received from non-profit organizations, schools, and government agencies. As part of the framework for our granting, Mankato Area Foundation funds projects and programs aimed at strengthening our region, improving lives, and fueling growth or change.
DONOR ADVISED GRANTS
In addition to our Community Impact Grants program, many of our grants to area nonprofit organizations are made through Donor Advised Funds that are established by individuals, families, or organizations who wish to give back to the causes they care about.
Though the Foundation may make donors aware of worthy grant applications that could not be funded by our overall fund, Donor Advised Funds do not accept applications directly.
Does the project or program strengthen our region, improve lives and/or fuel growth or change?
Letters of Inquiry are accepted every four months through our online software.
The current deadline for letters of inquiry is January 8, 2021.
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1: Review our Funding Guidelines
Once you have reviewed our funding guidelines, if you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our Director of Community Grants and Scholarships.
Step 2: Submit a Letter of Inquiry
We ask that you submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) through our online software outlining your project or program. Start Here
Step 3: If requested, submit a full application
Once our granting committee reviews all LOI's, you may be invited to submit a full grant application electronically.
As a community foundation, the Mankato Area Foundation is always looking for effective program and project ideas that can improve the livability within the Greater Mankato region.
Our grants support a wide range of projects and organizations. As our potential partner, please review our funding guidelines before submitting a letter of inquiry to determine if your program or project is a fit.
Every applicant is encouraged to contact our Community Grants and Nonprofits Specialist to discuss your project or program and answer any questions that you have. We value your time and do not want you to spend unnecessary hours and resources preparing a proposal unless there is a clear possibility of working together.
- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, school, or government agency located in or serving Blue Earth and Nicollet counties.
- Projects or programs must strengthen our region, improve lives or fuel growth or change.
- Operating grants may be considered for organizational transitions or to build capacity.
What our grants do not support:
- Any project, activity, or event that will be completed before the grant is awarded (two calendar months after the deadline).
- Fraternal, veterans or labor groups for activities that serve only their membership.
- Hiring a Grant Writer.
- More than one grant per year to any given organization.
- Organizations serving populations primarily outside the Blue Earth or Nicollet counties.
- Organizations that practice any form of discrimination.
- Political activities or organizations.
- Projects that benefit for-profit businesses.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes.
- Requests for personal use by individuals.
Community Impact GrantsReady to apply? Click below to start your letter of inquiry.
Want to learn more about this online tool?
Download Applicant Tutorial
MAF DEADLINESThe current deadline for Letters of Inquiry is January 8, 2021.
Donor Advised FundsNo unsolicited applications.
For more information contact:
Log in for your Final Report
For more information contact: