Investment Partners Program
Financial advisors committed to the belief that charitable giving is an important dimension of client services have the opportunity to partner with Mankato Area Foundation.
We created the Investment Partners Program (IPP) specifically to enable donors to maintain existing relationships with their trusted advisor while benefiting from our community knowledge and philanthropic expertise. Through the program, you remain involved in managing the assets while fulfilling your client’s charitable goals.
You know your clients. We know philanthropy. Together, we accomplish more than we do alone, making informed and inspired investments that benefit our region.
BENEFITS OF THE INVESTMENT PARTNERS PROGRAM
- Add a valuable component to your investment services and client relationships by offering philanthropic consulting services.
- Continue to manage your client’s assets, while making it possible to meet their tax needs and charitable goals through a variety of fund options offered by the Foundation.
- Convert non-managed client assets such as grain, farmland, real estate, closely-held interests, businesses, personal property and art into charitable assets that you will manage.
IDENTIFYING CLIENTS WHO WILL BENEFIT
Potential situations when clients may benefit from the program
- When planning to sell a private business
- During a “transition” phase in their life – empty nest, retirement, or estate planning
- To receive a charitable tax deduction now, with the flexibility to make distributions in the future
- When there is a desire to give something back to the community now
- To leave a legacy for future generations
HOW TO GET STARTED
- To participate in the Investment Partners Program, we ask that your client have a goal of reaching $25,000 within the first three years.
- To establish a fund, your client signs an agreement with MAF and requests their advisor manages the assets.
- MAF and the advisor enter into the advisor’s standard investment services agreement, and the advisor manages the newly gifted funds according to MAF’s Investment Policy. The advisor will provide MAF with quarterly reports including asset allocation and rate of return.
For more information contact:
Estate & Financial Services
Meyer & Norland Financial Group
Matt Norland, CFP®
Principal Securities, Inc.
Warren “Buster” West, CLU®, ChFC®
US Bank Wealth Management
Wealth Enhancement Group