Community. For Good.
At the Mankato Area Foundation, we work as a knowledgeable and innovative resource that promotes philanthropy and drives transformative action to strengthen our region and improve lives.
For our region, we serve as a grantmaker and collaborative partner. As a resource for nonprofit groups within the Greater Mankato region, our Community Impact Grants are designed to be strategic and responsive to the ever-changing needs of our community and surrounding areas.
COMMUNITY IMPACT GRANTS | Niec Grant Process
On a rolling basis, the Mankato Area Foundation makes grants in response to applications received from non-profit organizations, schools and government agencies. As part of the framework for our granting, Mankato Area Foundation funds projects and programs aimed at strengthening our region, improving lives and fueling growth or change.
Niec Grant Process
Niec (nyeech) means learn (to learn, learning) in the Nuer language. Nuer is one of the many languages spoken by people from South Sudan.
The Mankato Area Foundation (MAF) has eliminated application deadlines and implemented this process. Our goal is to learn from area nonprofits and have real-time knowledge about their needs and/or opportunities impacting their organization and/or the community they serve. It is open to nonprofits who are located in or provide services in Blue Earth and Nicollet Counties.
This information will allow MAF to educate and inform our donors so that their charitable giving can provide the most impactful benefit to our community. Submission of information does not guarantee funding or resources.
As a community foundation, the Mankato Area Foundation is always looking for effective program and project ideas that can improve the livability within the Greater Mankato region.
Every applicant is encouraged to contact our Community Grants and Nonprofits Specialist to discuss your project or program and answer any questions that you have. We value your time and do not want you to spend unnecessary hours and resources preparing a proposal unless there is a clear possibility of working together.
- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, school or government agency located in or serving Blue Earth and Nicollet counties.
- Projects or programs must strengthen our region, improve lives or fuel growth or change.
- Operating grants may be considered for organizational transitions or to build capacity.
What our grants do not support:
- Any project, activity or event that will be completed before the grant is awarded (two calendar months after the deadline).
- Fraternal, veterans or labor groups for activities that serve only their membership.
- Hiring a Grant Writer.
- More than one grant per year to any given organization.
- Organizations serving populations primarily outside the Blue Earth or Nicollet counties.
- Organizations that practice any form of discrimination.
- Political activities or organizations.
- Projects that benefit for-profit businesses.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes.
- Requests for personal use by individuals.
Community Impact GrantsReady to apply? Click below to start.
Want to learn more about this online tool?
Download Applicant Tutorial
MAF DEADLINESGrants are awarded on a rolling basis.
Donor Advised FundsNo unsolicited applications.
For more information contact:
Log in for your Final Report
For more information contact: