Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Since 1974, the Mankato Area Foundation (MAF) has been guided by our values – to be a responsive and collaborative community partner. As a leader in philanthropy, we work to support a vibrant and strong region through connecting donors, nonprofits and civic partners.
We are committed to real change within our organization and our region. At MAF, we strive to foster a culture that respects, and values human diversity in its many forms, such as ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation and identification, age, economic circumstance, class, disability/ability, geography and philosophy among others.
Our commitment begins with the adoption of the following principles:
- Examining ourselves as individuals, learning about our conscious and unconscious biases and taking action to become allies with our communities
- Learning about how and what we can do better to build, support, and nourish a more diverse, equitable and inclusive environment within our organization and our region
- Appreciate individual differences and encouraging the authentic inclusion of diverse perspectives, opinions, backgrounds, abilities and experiences
- Support efforts to expand who is engaged in philanthropy both as philanthropists and grantees
- Work with the philanthropic community and grantees to achieve a shared responsibility around reaching diversity, equity and inclusion goals
The Mankato Area Foundation Board of Directors and staff take this commitment seriously. While we acknowledge that this is a process of ongoing learning, we aspire to continue to adopt tangible, sustainable diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices that are guided by our organizational mission and rooted in our values.